Research Assistant 1-246-417-4885 email@example.com
Chelceé is a Trade Research Assistant at the SRC where she began working full-time in 2020 after graduating as valedictorian from the Centre’s flagship Masters in International Trade Policy (MITP). Apart from functioning as a Researcher, Chelceé is also a Part-Time Lecturer at the SRC for the course E-commerce and the New International Economy and a Tutor for the Economics Department at the University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus. She is a 2018 Barbados Scholarship winner, who is fluent in French and Spanish and holds advanced certification in Mandarin. Chelceé is a frequent contributor to the SRC’s bi-monthly Trading Thoughts column and has spearheaded the research aspect of several consultancies both for and outside of the SRC.
She is passionate about the development of her country and region and remains motivated by the desire to see Caribbean islands take advantage of new opportunities to build economic resilience and support sustainable development. To this end, Chelceé’s work generally focuses on leveraging innovative technologies, solutions, and policies to secure competitive advantages across various sectors. As a young professional, Chelceé is also equally invested in the role of youth in trade and trade governance, and she aspires to make a valuable contribution in this regard.
Outside of work, Chelceé is an adventure sports and fitness enthusiasts who enjoys working with youth and has served as a youth counsellor and leader for several years.
- Macroeconomic Diagnostics (MDSx) Certification, International Monetary Fund
- Masters of Science in International Trade Policy – M. Sc. (Distinction) – University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus (Barbados).
- Bachelor of Science in International Business with French, Spanish and Mandarin – B.Sc. (First Class Honours) – Aston University, Aston Business School (United Kingdom).
- Digital Economy (E-commerce, Digital Financial Services, Digital Skills)
- Emerging technologies (Blockchain, AI, AR&VR)
- Innovation Policy
- Youth in Trade and Trade Governance
- Food Security
- Brathwaite, Chelceé. 2021. ‘An Overview of Food Security and Trade Across CARICOM’. In Food For Thought Policy Brief Series. The Shridath Ramphal; Centre for International Trade Law, Policy and Services.
- Brathwaite, Chelceé. 2021. ‘Re-Imagining Tourism: Leveraging Digital Technologies to Revive the Caribbean Tourism Industry’. In Policy Brief Special Edition on the Covid-19 Pandemic. Vol. 5. Barbados: The Department of Government, Sociology, Social Work and Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, the University of the West Indies.
- Brathwaite, Chelcee and Jan Yves Remy. 2020. “Trading Without Borders: Celebrating the Association of the Caribbean States and Unlocking its Full Potential.” Working Paper. Presented at the 13th Association of Caribbean States Business Forum of the Greater Caribbean.
- Brathwaite, Chelcee, Alicia Nicholls, and Jan Yves Remy. 2020.‘Trading our way to Recovery During COVID-19: Recommendations for CARICOM Countries.’ The Shridath Ramphal; Centre for International Trade Law, Policy and Services.