We cordially invite you to attend our upcoming High-Level Regional Roundtable on the WTO Investment Facilitation for Development Negotiations: Perspectives from Caribbean Economies,jointlyorganized by the Shridath Ramphal Centre for International Trade Law, Policy & Services of The University of the West Indies, the International Trade Centre (ITC), the German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) and the World Economic Forum (WEF), in the framework of the Investment Facilitation for Development project, jointly implemented by ITC and DIE.
The roundtable will take place on 24 February 2021, from 10:00 am to 12:30pm (Barbados, GMT -4) time and is meant to: offer a platform for strategic exchange on the WTO negotiations on investment facilitation for development among a selected group of high-level policy makers, government officials, private sector representatives and eminent academic scholars, focused on Caribbean economies.
The roundtable will:
- Provide a brief background on the progress of the WTO negotiations on investment facilitation for development;
- Serve as a platform for an exchange of the views and the interests of Caribbean economies in these negotiations;.
- Focus on the value-added of a WTO Investment Facilitation Framework for Development for Caribbean economies, the main challenges and concerns that ought to be taken into consideration in these negotiations, especially as they relate to sustainable FDI and sustainable development;
- Facilitate awareness raising, joint learning and capacity building among participants; and.
- Generate a report which will distil key policy recommendations from the discussions at the roundtable.
The Roundtable will be held under the Chatham House Rule to facilitate open and results-oriented discussions.
Although the roundtable is focused on the WTO Investment Facilitation for Development negotiations from the Caribbean economies’ perspective, it will address issues that will be of interest to investment promotion agencies and policy makers outside the region. Please feel free to circulate within your networks.
The programme including the list of the distinguished speakers and their bios may be accessed here.
Pre-registration will be mandatory for attendance. To register for the event and receive the meeting-link details, please register here.
Please note that, to avoid any difficulties, only participants who register will receive the password to join the on-line roundtable.