Practical Skills for the Trade Practitioner
This course outlines the key steps and processes involved in crafting technical papers, literature reviews, speeches and presentations. The course focuses on developing students’ core capabilities in technical writing, advising, researching, and public speaking. The course is designed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical skills, thereby creating well-rounded graduates who can operate across multiple dimensions ranging from the public to the private sector to civil society.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Write a position paper
- Make a presentation
- Draft a Ministerial Speech
- Formulate a Strategy Paper
- Understand the policy cycle
- Build a coalition among willing countries
- Conduct a Geopolitical Analysis
- Analyse Country Trade Plans
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Using Databases
This course is NOT FOR CREDIT.