Kai-Ann Skeete PhD.
Trade Research Fellow 1-246-417-4884 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Kai-Ann D. Skeete is the Trade Research Fellow at the Shridath Ramphal Centre for International Trade Law, Policy and Services based at the UWI Cave Hill Campus. Her substantial training is in the field of International Relations, Trade and Political Science. Kai-Ann is a Caribbean regionalist at heart and is a proud graduate of the Institute of International Relations (IIR) UWI St. Augustine Campus. Kai-Ann’s doctoral thesis dealt with the Caribbean’s approach to regional integration and advances recommendations on the governance of the labour regime.
As a university lecturer and research fellow, Dr. Skeete is responsible for delivering the Trade Aspects of Regional Integration (TARI), Caribbean Integration and CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) courses in the MSc International Trade Policy and Integration Studies programmes. She is also an adjunct lecturer at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES), Mona Campus.
Kai-Ann is an active member of St. Peter’s Parish Church and has been the Parochial Church Council Secretary since 2012. She is also the proud mother of 5 year old Joshua who she loves to show him the region with the hope that he too will be proud to be a product of the Caribbean.
- Foundations for Successful Online Facilitation (FSOF).
- Phd International Relations Specializing in Regional Integration
- Postgraduate Certificate in University Teaching and Learning (Cutl.)
- International Relations Specialized in International Trade
- International Relations (Major) Political Science (Minor) (Hons)
- Associate Degree in Applied Arts French, Spanish and Italian for Business and Tourism (Merit)
- Revising CARICOM’s Forward Trade Agenda.
- CARICOM Free Movement of Labour Regime.
- The CARICOM Single Market and Economy.
- Contingent Rights.
- Inclusive Security within the Caribbean.
- Caribbean Geopolitical Analysis
- Skeete, K. (2021) The Adoption of Artificial Intelligence within the Caribbean: Resuscitating the CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) In: International Perspectives on Artificial Intelligence. London: Anthem Press. ISBN:9781785279553
- Skeete, K. (2021). To Expand or Not to Expand? Utilizing Geopolitical Analysis to Examine CARICOM’s Potential Enlargement in the Twenty-First Century In: Contemporary Issues in Caribbean and Latin American Relations. London: Lexington Books. ISBN: 9781793655783
- “Brace for Impact…Major Disruption to the Yuletide Season Consumer” CARICOM Today, November 23, 2021; Jamaica Observer, December 26, 2021
- Skeete, Kai- Ann and Leisel Juman, “In Times of Crisis, The Rise of CARICOM Diplomacy: The Case of the Venezuelan Migrants within the Southern Caribbean.” Migration and Development Journal, 10 (2) 2020. ISSN: (Print) (Online) DOI: 10.1080/21632324.2020.1809278 Published online: 12 Oct 2020
- “Geopolitically Investigating the Flight Plan for Caribbean Integration: The Case of LIAT,” Antigua Breaking News, May 2020.
- “LIAT is the Real MVP of Caribbean Integration,” Guyana Chronicle, May 2020.
- “CSME Free Movement of Labour: Traffic Signal Analysis,” The CHILL News, Issue 22, March 2019. Bridgetown: The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus.
- “Regionalism Among Small States – Challenges & Prospects: The Case of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM),” (with W. Grenade) The Commonwealth Secretariat Small States Digest 2015, Issue: 1. London: The Commonwealth Secretariat.